Monday, January 26, 2009

MMM 1-26-09

Good morning! No need to hurry this morning as Trent doesn't have school today, teacher workshop day. Tonight I am going out with my friend Kim for dinner and Let's Dish while Russ attends Addy's Kindergarten Registration meeting. I can't believe it is time to get her signed up for school already! Anyway, back to what we did over the weekend:

Friday night we went to the beach. Yep, but you wouldn't of guessed that huh!! It might of been negative temperature numbers outside, but inside at Twin Lakes Elementary School, it was a warm, tropical atmosphere! Trent had is school dance and the whole family went. It was a fun time. Trent enjoyed running around with his friends (not a lot of dancing per se out of him) and Russ and I got to catch up with friends as hung out along the wall in the gym. Addy danced a couple dances with me, but mostly just spent her time between trying to keep up the group Trent was in and hanging out with the other little sisters.



Saturday, I did some shopping with my mom and then she stayed at our place to babysit while we went to our Christmas party. We have the BEST group of friends! They are so much fun to be around and I always know we will share many laughs, and good food. Apparently Russ was the big winner out of the guys for the dice present exchange game as he ended up with a bunch of fishing lures (yawn.) I thought I did pretty good with the bowl I ended up with though!

Sunday was Trent's big day for Scouts. The PineWood Derby Race. Russ and Trent have been working on his race car for the past few weeks. Trent designed it's shape and picked out the colors. Here it is, car #54:



They run 6 heats, 2 each on the 3 tracks. Then the computer calculates the top 3 overall winners for each den within the pack. And while Trent was not one of the top 3 winners, he took 2nd place in a couple of the heats and his fastest time was 2.8251 seconds. It does go fast! It is so fun watching the boys as they cheer and watch their cars racing down the track. They also had a lot of creative cars and you can tell the boys put a lot of effort into making their cars.




1 comment:

Sue Nordquist said...

Very cute! You got some great pictures. I am the bad mother with dead batteries! Hey, how was the new J.K. Rowling? Did you like it as well as the Harry Potters?