Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Belated MMM 4/5/09

I'm touched. Really. The 3 of you who consistently read this blog, noticed I didn't post MMM this week. I'm sorry that I let my readership down. Life just got away from me, and the blog updated kept slipping lower on the list of things to do. But, no fear, we are alive & well over here at the Soukup's and I will now fill you in about our weekend!

Friday was Trent's school conference. He is doing excellent work! His teacher, Mr. Churchill informed us that while Trent needs to work on s-l-o-w-i-n-g down and checking his work and staying on task, he is doing excellent in his academics! Trent scored the highest math test score in 2nd grade for the past quarter and he will be continuing on with challenge math! He also got "E's" (Excellent, highest score given) in reading for homework and oral reading fluency, reading at a 3rd grade level! We were thrilled and very proud parents indeed!

After Trent's conference we drove around the northern metro area trying to find me a scuba mask and fins. I am not going to Belize without a working mask! The one I have leaks in the right eye so after about 10 minutes of snorkeling I'm being drowned out by saltwater and risking losing a contact. Trying to find a mask that fits my pea sized head however, is not an easy task. Luckily, we discovered a dive shop in Maple Grove and they were able to outfit me with a mask & fins for the trip (and many more to come).
Saturday, we were VIP guests at the Science Museum courtesy of Russ's company. Pentair, is sponsoring an exhibit at the museum, and treated it's employees to free admission, a snack bar, and water bottles. The exhibit they presented is "Water." An exhibit celebrating the beauty and life-sustaining nature of an essential - but ultimately extremely fragile - resource (can you tell I took that directly from the museum pamphlet?!) And to top it off, Russ won the drawing and we now have membership to the Science Museum for an entire year! Here are a few pictures from our fun that day:






We received another little surprise on Saturday after we had returned home from the Science Museum and we were vegging out on the couch. A pounding at our garage door entrance proved not to be one of the neighborhood kids, but Uncle Ross! Russ's brother had been in the area with a friend searching for ice houses and had stopped by to say hello. The kids got their second wind and were all excited to show-off and brag to Uncle Ross about what they had been up to and how good they are getting on the Wii.


Sunday, I finally finished the re-organizing and cleaning out of the basement! It was been a task that has taken more than a few hours. But, we took a big load to donate and sold the bigger items that we were no longer using. We now have space to move the stuff we are keeping into so that the electrician from the state can come in and check everything off and we (well, Russ) can start drywalling after Easter. I will be so happy when that gets done! Then, Russ plans to focus on building a shed in the background to house all the outdoor stuff we have now accumulated with the deck being finished last summer! It never seems to end!

Well, Addy is done eating lunch and it's time for her playdate, so I need to wrap it up. But, thanks to you who wondered what happened to the MMM and for keeping tabs on us!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am glad you are doing well... I have come back to check several times this week too!! Great job, Trent!! I am glad you found a proper fitting scuba mask. You will have so much fun down there!! Take care!