Sunday, May 3, 2009

MMM 5/4/09





Whew! I'm back! Our trip to Caye Caulker, Belize was amazing and refreshing and Russ and I made a promise to each other to really make an effort to get away alone together at least once a year. We had an absolutely memorable and fun time with the Reins and Balvances and between panty rippers (coconut rum & pineapple juice), bizillion dollars and "that's NOT hot" sayings, the laughs and good times were plenty!



We returned home on Thursday morning, and before we knew the weekend was here and so was Trent's First Communion at church. My sister Beth (Trent's Godmother), and Russ's youngest brother, Mat (Trent's Godfather) both flew in for the occasion. Trent attended classes all year long in preparation of the mass on Saturday night and he worked hard learning all the prayers. He did a great job and we are so very proud of him. All of Trent's grandparents, his aunties, and uncles were able to come and watch him and we celebrated afterward with a big feast at our house.




Mat brought his girlfriend Milinda with him from D.C. and we were happy to finally meet her. I do have to say that Mat, in general is a happy and positive person, but I did notice that he seemed extra happy and content this visit. And because I am such a genius, I'm going to have to say that's all because of Milinda! It was sweet to watch them together and nice to have her included in the events of the evening. It's just too bad we live so far apart from one another.




Sunday was Russ's 37th Birthday. Happy Birthday sweetheart, you are once again older then me! (our little running joke that we are the same age for roughly 18 days out of the year) After the busy week of being on vacation, returning home to the kids and work and life and then Trent's First Communion, we had a very laid-back day at home. We took Russ out for Chinese food (his favorite) and topped the night off with a game of Sorry and some cake.


Soccer for Addy and baseball for Trent starts this week. My sister will be in town for the rest of the week, and I look forward to spending some more time with her. Trent and Addy adore her and can't get enough time spent with her spoiling them!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congrats to Trent and Addy!! I am glad you two enjoyed your time away together. Funny. Greg and I have that same running joke. My bday is the end of this month. Greg's is the very beginning of Sept. So for those few months we are the same age. He is 9 mo. older and likes to tell me I need to respect my elders.