Saturday, May 23, 2009

My poor blog has suffered. No new entries. No updates. No pictures. But yet, life is still happening at the Soukup house! So what's the deal?

Well, I've been sick. First I got E Coli from our vacation in Belize. Not fun. And I have cursed the Belizan airport and it's unsanitary conditions often enough that now I feel sorta bad. Okay, not really. I thought I was on the mend from that, when the morning that Russ left for a 4 night fishing trip to remote Rainy Lake, I woke up with more excruciating stomach pains. I had icky stomach virus that was traveling around Elk River. I ended up getting really dehydrated and had to be taken by ambulance to Mercy Hospital because as a result of the dehydration, my heart condition was affected and I was having chest pains. I honestly thought my heart valve was going to explode within my chest.

Luckily, everything checked out fine with my EKG and BP at the hospital and 8 hours later, I was released. I was extremely fatigued and worn out after all that, and it was taken me about a week to feel somewhat normal. I haven't been able to work out and I will be meeting with my cardiologist next week to hopefully figure out what was going on. And thankfully, I have some really wonderful friends and family members that came to my rescue and helped me out. It means a lot to me that they had my back and were there to support me. As a result of my need for rest, I also got several books read, which you can check out on the side of the blog.

Meanwhile, Trent and Addy have had their first games of the season. Trent in baseball -his team is 2-0 and cruising along. With Addy's soccer games, they don't really keep track of the scores, but she did score an unassisted goal in her first game! We have so much fun watching them and cheering them on as they do their best. Addy will also start T-ball in a few weeks, and they will both be in swimming lessons once school lets out, so they will be learning skills in those areas as well.

We also ended some activities for the year. Addy had her big dance recital and did beautifully both performances on stage. She smiled the entire time and knew the dances so well that she did not have to look to the side for any help from her teacher. She certainly did shine! Trent and Russ finished this year of Scouting and Trent moved on to the Bear den. They will have several activities over the summer, but their meetings are over until school starts again in the fall. Which is another thing to mention, Addy graduated from preschool and is ready for Kindergarten in the fall! She has grown and blossomed with the help of her beloved preschool teacher, and is excited to get on the bus with Trent come September. Trent has 9 days of school left and then he will be a third grader!

So, time to bring on the summer!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh Sara, I am sorry to hear you were sick!! I hope you are feeling much better now!! So great about Addy and dance!! Sounds like she had a great time! I am sure Trent is just as proud with all of his accomplishments and activities. 12 days of school for us over here in River Falls. But, we are going back to Florida.. leaving on the last day of school. Brit is going to be in Jr. high next year.. well, 6th grade here. Ben is moving out of babyhood very quickly (very sad! :( ) and my oldest will be 21 on 6/8! Please tell me where that time went. Good to hear you are o.k. Kept checking this pretty regular. You had me wondering...