Thursday, November 20, 2008

Simply amazing

Who doesn't love an amazing story? And I have one to share...

About 7 years ago, my step-mom, Carly, told her two children, my sister, and Russ and I that she had gotten pregnant in high school, had the baby, and then made the very difficult decision to give him up for adoption. She always had in the adoption papers that he could contact her. But she had obviously moved & married a few times since his birth and her information had never been updated. My dad urged her to contact Social Services a few years ago and she updated everything then.

Well, last night, he found her.

Social services called and asked if he could contact her. She absolutely said yes! He sent her the most amazing e-mail. My dad called to read it to me, and he couldn't even finish reading it because he started crying so my sister Beth (who just arrived back in town) had to get on the phone and finish reading it to me. Carly, has now had the chance to email him back and also received some pictures from him as well as a request from him to talk by phone. His name is Troy and he lives with his wife and daughter in MT. He is 37 years old and is a nurse practitioner working with patients in physical rehabilitation.

I am absolutely thrilled for my step-mom. It has always been her dream and wish that she would be able to get in touch with him and meet him one day. I asked her when we were on the phone, "Carly, how are you ever going to get to sleep tonight?" And she replied, "I don't really care about sleep, right now I just want to shout from the highest mountain-top!"

A simply amazing story...

3 comments:

Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dena said...

(Sorry I seem to be having issues with this thing) Just wanted to say that this is an amazing story, and best of luck to you family) Dena

KariAnnS said...

Darnit all I'm crying here!! Such a wonderful story as we enter the holiday season. Just makes you realize there is good in the world!