Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Thankful List

I will be busy cooking and entertaining tomorrow, so I thought I would post the things I am thankful for today:

I am thankful for being me and all that encompasses. The good, the bad, and my ugly hair days.

I am thankful for my husband. Russ is the love of my life. I am who I am because he has been by my side and been my partner for over 17 years now. He takes such care of me and the kids, and he is just one of those all around nice guys. And he's not bad to look at either :)

I am thankful for Trent and Addy. My boy and my girl. I have never been so exhausted or entertained with them in our lives. I love them endlessly and am so grateful to be their mom.

I am thankful for my health. Although I was diagnosed with a heart condition a few months ago, it could much worse, and for that I am grateful.

I am thankful for my parents, in-laws, and siblings. Together they make the word family mean something. Trent and Addy are lucky to have grandparents & aunts & uncles that spoil them and cherish them.

I am thankful for the sport of football. I simply love the game. Trent played his first season of football and I am thankful he didn't get hurt and that he himself now loves the sport. Even though my Fantasy Football team is last in the standings this year, I am still grateful to be part of the league and for the boys that let me into the circle. I am thankful that the Vikings are having a so-so season; makes them more fun to watch. I would be really thankful if we got a new coach :)

I am thankful for my Dyson vacuum cleaner. It picks up more crumbs, dirt, and dust everyday than I care to admit.

I am thankful for Trent and Addy's teachers. They are both wonderful individuals whose love for teaching and their students is evident in the work they do in their respective classrooms. They are both simply amazing people and teachers.

I am thankful for Snickers bars. Chocolate, carmel and peanuts together. Need I say more? I don't know the name of the person who invented them, but whoever you are, God Bless you.

I am thankful for our newly installed DIRECTV. How awesome is DVR? Plus, the NFL network, and all our favorite shows in crystal clear viewing. Oh, and with the bundle we now have a new phone service and while Charter claimed it HAD to be something wrong with our phone, I now have caller ID, all the time. It's the little things.

I am thankful you are reading this blog!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and for all the reasons you have to be thankful, blessings both big and small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!