Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday List

My friend and fellow scrapper, Kari, did this in her blog (which you can check out here: http://nkbsweeney.blogspot.com/ And since we love to lift each other, I thought this would be fun to share with all of you and get us all in the holiday spirit!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly paper, but few gifts in bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We always had real growing up, but much less mess with artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving. We have 2 trees. One is the Santa tree where the big guy leaves the kids presents (and something for Russ and I too) and it is decorated with the kids ornaments. Then we have the "formal" tree in the family room.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the day after New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yuck! No!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Barbie Mansion house that Beth and I received together one year. We realized that there wasn't a present from Santa and we were bummed. My dad told us we should come into the kitchen to have breakfast and there on top of the kitchen table was the 2 story Barbie Mansion complete with furniture, new Barbies and clothes. I will never forget the excitement of realizing that Santa had not forgotten about us.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My sister Beth

8. Easiest person to buy for? Russ. He is the only person I know that has never once complained about something he did or didn't get for Christmas. He is truly happy with whatever he unwraps.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have the Willow Tree Nativity with all the pieces. My favorite thing to unwrap and put out.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Umm, do people really email Christmas cards? Always Mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? At the time, a necklace that my grandma had made. I was like 14? and it was not cool. And even though I have never worn it, I still have it and cherish it very much.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life. I never miss it and I always cry.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? late September, but mostly because Addy's birthday is in October and some things I end up saving for Christmas presents.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. To our friends Christmas party gift exchange.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My dad's carmel rolls. He used to only make them for Christmas breakfast. Now he makes them no matter what time/day it is for us when we celebrate.

16. Lights on the tree? Unlike my friend Lisa who is having light issues, I would absolutely need to have lights on my tree! White on the tree in the family room and red & green on the Santa tree.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

18.Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Christmas usually ends up being a 3 day event for us, and we are always on the road. With Trent and Addy now, I am thankful that we have Christmas morning at our home like it should be.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Donner, Comet, Cupid, Vixen, Blitzen, and Rudolph.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star, on both trees.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? As I mentioned earlier, Christmas is a 3 day event for us, so we open both Christmas Eve and morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When the Christmas decorations and music starts on Nov. 1st. in the stores. I really irks me that it starts so early because then it seems to take forever for Christmas to arrive.

23. What theme or color are you using? Theme? Color? What is this question all about?

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Chicken Cordon Bleu or Filet Mignon

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new scrapbooking chair, an ipod, and I always include those 1 carat diamond earrings!

1 comment:

KariAnnS said...

Oooh wouldn't 1 carat diamond earrings be wonderful? Nick got me a beautiful pair of diamond hoops for our 5 year anniversary in Sept so I should just be happy with that!