Monday, December 15, 2008

MMM

Good morning! Brrrr, what a difference a day can make huh? Yesterday morning at this time it was 36 degrees, a mere 24 hours later it is -5 and very windy (not sure what the wind chills are, but we have them no doubt). So, I am going to pretend that I am writing this from sunny and warm Florida, even though I am drinking hot cocoa. Wow, I feel warmer already!

Saturday was a big day for Trent and Addy. They have been counting down the days and talking about it all week. Our trip to see Santa. We headed out early to Cabalas to see the big guy himself. The Santa at Cabalas is a great one, he spends plenty of time with each child and gives inconspicious thumbs up or thumbs down to the parents when the kids ask for wishes. Trent asked Santa for a Nintendo DS. Santa thought he might have one left up in the attic rafters in the North Pole. He would have the elves start looking for it. Addy asked for the Nanria: Prince Caspian movie. Santa told her that he wanted to see that movie too! He thought that Mrs. Claus might be giving it to him as a gift, and hopefully they could both be watching it after the holidays. We of course got pictures. But I almost wish someone would of taken a picture of Russ and I listening to Trent and Addy talk with Santa, because I know we were grinning from ear to ear.





After the visit with Santa and some shopping, we headed home. It was a balmy 38 degrees and Russ decided to go ice fishing with the kids. Yeah! I got some quiet time alone and they had fun playing, er fishing with dad. Addy was the big winner, catching 7 fish. She loves ice fishing...takes after her Grandpa Soukup and Uncle Ross I think.




Sunday after church, we baked some cookies (one of which did not turn out that well. Anyone know how to correctly make the sugar cookie tarts with the mini candy bars on top??) and I wrapped a few more gifts. It is beginning to get full under the tree now. As it was Football Sunday, we happily watched the Vikings crush the Cardinals. No one would of predicted that T. Jackson would be the leading QB for week 15 with 4 TD's! Russ won our Fantasy Football league last week and is in the playoffs, though I think he will end up being out of the race for the championship game.

All day Sunday we also waited for the snow. Got mostly freezing rain and slushy stuff. Finally, turned into snow and the wind started blowing around 4pm. It didn't keep the 5 wild turkeys and the doe family away from visiting our corn pile in the backyard though. We also caught a glimpse of the 4-point buck and spike buck (I think that's what you hunter's call them) as well, though they like to visit when it's good and dark outside. We strung some Christmas lights on the deck and that helps with the viewing.

Okay, that's it for Monday Morning Minutes. I need to refuel the hot cocoa as I am starting to remember that I am writing this from cold MN and not the beach in Florida! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good weekend! Greg would love to live that close to Cabela's!! We saw Santa at Gerten's Greenhouse - cool set up! I am right with you on this weather! It has to go! Hate this cold. Florida sounds oh so good right now. I can keep dreaming, can't I? Have a good week!