Monday, February 2, 2009

MMM 2-2-09

Well, as I write this, the team I was cheering for won the Superbowl, Trent is off to his first Monday of school after having the last two Mondays off, Addy is singing Little Mermaid songs and playing Legos and of course Russ is at work. Wasn't the warmer weather this weekend so great? It was nice to have a little melt-down and despite the fact that my Yukon is really dirty, anything to help the snow melt faster is okay with me!

Saturday, Russ took the kids to Spicer to see the ice castle and do some ice fishing. Addy's main goal of the weekend was to make more beaded projects with Grandma Soukup. That is all she talked about the week prior to going, was that Grandma had new beads and she was going to make new animals. I think she brought home 8 of them, so I guess her mission for the weekend was accomplished! No fish for dinner, but I know Russ enjoyed spending time with his dad and brother. They also got to watch Eric "Perk" Perkins from KARE11 TV take a plunge into Green Lake and did some sledding down the ice castle.


















I took advantage of everyone being gone for the day, and cleaned and organized the kids bedrooms (a task that must be completed without them around!), finished decorating my scrapbook room (which I will post pics of later), started putting Trent and Addy's school albums together, and watched the movie Waitress. Nice, relaxing day for me!
Sunday we had a big party to attend! Superbowl party at the Rein's! First, we got in some skating on the creek behind the Rein's house. Their neighbor cleared a spot and maintained it with some goals. The kids got a chance to use their new hockey from Auntie Missy and Uncle Brian, and practice their skating skills. Addy seems to have a more natural skill for it than Trent. But, they both got out there and did their best to try and step up-right and have some fun! Since it was so warm, I even got there and skated and had a good work-out (which is good I burned some calories with all the bacon-wrapped weinees I would later consume).
Here are some pics of us skating:






Then it was time to head inside and enjoy the company of a great group of friends, eat tons of bacon-wrapped weiners and other yummy foods, and watch the big game. I think I was the only one cheering for the Steelers. Most of the gang was cheering for the underdog Cardinals to pull off a win. It was a great game though and came right down to the end. It was a fun Superbowl Sunday!












No comments: