Monday, February 16, 2009

MMM 2/16/09

Good morning! Hope you all had a nice weekend. We celebrated Valentines day quietly at home. Well, I went shopping most of the afternoon by myself. As I was getting ready to leave, Trent exclaimed, "Mom you can't go shopping! All the stores are closed! It's a HOLIDAY!" We got a chuckle at that and explained to him that Valentines Day wasn't really a holiday per se, just a day that people feel that they need to buy chocolate, flowers, and gifts to give to their loved ones; to celebrate being sweethearts and being with loved ones. He had a party at school (and the fact that it fell on a Saturday this year) which I think reinforced the idea to him that Valentines Day is a holiday where everyone stays home and celebrates. Anyway, here are some pictures of us making and enjoying our Valentine cupcakes:










Sunday, my dad and my step-mom, Carly, came over for lunch and a visit. Around 2pm, Russ and the kids left to go ice fishing with a bunch of the guys and their kids out on Lake George. Russ said the kids were really too busy running around for him to get many pictures, but he did manage to get this one of them all cramming into the fish house.



According to Trent, the only people who caught fish were Dave N. and his friend Nathan. I was surprised they could still be ice fishing with the warm temperatures we've been having, but I guess it's still more than safe out there. I was glad for the opportunity to visit with my Dad and Carly alone for a couple of hours. It was nice to just sit and chat and enjoy each other's company.


Sunday was also my sister-in-laws birthday, so Happy Birthday again to you Dawn! Hope you had a great day!


It will be another busy week for the Soukup's. Tuesday night Trent has his big Blue & Gold Banquet for the Scouts, of which I am the coordinator and Russ is the Den Master. Addy is off preschool this whole week, so we have conferences for that. I have to get the kids registered for swimming lessons, and Trent is now registered for the coming baseball season. All this must mean that winter is winding down (I can only hope the weather cooperates with this thought) and that spring is on the way!!

No comments: