Monday, February 23, 2009

MMM 2/23/09

Morning. I'm a little tired as I type this out. I had to stay up late last night to watch the end of the Soporanos series (I know, I'm a little behind the times, and the DVD's are due back to the library). Not a TV series that most people would think I like, but I did. Ended interestingly enough...Russ would of hated it! Anyway, you want to hear about our weekend right?

Friday night, amidst the snowflakes delicately swirling around outside and the heat of the fireplace inside, we had family game night. It was Trent's pick tonight, and he chose Star Wars Monopoly. I think after last week, he wanted to prove to himself that he could "win" the game. Well, both the kids kicked our butts! By the time we ended, Russ had 2 properties mortgage, and when I landed on Jabba's Palace (the equivalent of Boardwalk) owned by Addy and occupying a city, I lost all my money trying to pay her the $2,000 in rent. They both thought that was pretty funny!



Saturday, Russ worked in the basement and we cleaned out a corner in anticipation of our elliptical being delivered next week, while the kids lounged around in pj's and played. After lunch, we got ready and headed to Prior Lake for Nicholas' 3rd Birthday party. What a fun party!



On Sunday, we went to Spicer to celebrate the February birthday's in the Soukup clan. Dawn, Ross, and Lena all have February birthdays. So, we got together for lunch, and dessert of course!It was nice to visit for the afternoon and catch up with everyone. Tim and Lena taught us to play Train Dominoes and Tim and Trent were the big winners of the game!



1 comment:

Lena said...

Busy weekend for you - we had such fun on Sunday. Thanks for the wonderful gifts. The picture from Addy is on the fridge along with Trent's name in cursive. Wow - he is growing up!! We had great luck yesterday with the flowers. It was such fun. Now I hope Jamie will like them. Lena