Monday, March 2, 2009

MMM 3/2/09

The Soukup family had a relatively quiet past weekend. Saturday moring, I had my first workout on our new ellipitcal. I made it 12 minutes, I was sweating and my heart rate was up there. I am really out of shape. (This morning I worked out for 20 minutes and it felt great!)

Saturday afternoon, we were invited to go ice skating at St. Thomas as our good friend Belfy manages the ice rink there. It's always nice to be able to skate indoors and have an entire rink to yourselves! Addy is getting really good on skates. She liked being the goalie and trying to stop all the pucks from getting in. Trent is getting better on skates as well, but I think Addy has a more natural ability toward learning skating. I might have to put her in lessons next winter if she is interested. After skating, we went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Trippels, Baileys, and Kim George. So good to relax and eat a good meal with friends!






Sunday, Russ worked in the basement. He is finishing with the wiring and needs to get some of the plumbing done as well. Our goal is to be ready to start drywalling the week of April 20th when Russ will be off work for a week. In some cost-saving efforts, they are closing down the plant at his work. So, he figures he might as well be working on something worthwhile at home then. I think it will be nice to get the drywall done and have that headache out of the way. I managed to scrapbook, and finish the 3rd book in the Twilight series on Sunday as well. The kids were happy to have a day to just hang out and play at home! We have a very busy week ahead of us, something going on almost every night this week, but next weekend should be relatively quiet, for us :)

No comments: