Monday, March 23, 2009

MMM 3/23/09

Another Monday morning, but this one is very windy and rainy. And while I feel horrible for the people who live along the Red River, I kinda wonder why they haven't been stock-piling sandbags all winter long. Spring flooding seems to happen along there almost every other year. Maybe it's time to start building a dike or one big wall? I don't know.

Okay, so Friday Russ took a day off work (not to hunt or fish-shocker I know) but to help his dad finish the wiring in the basement! Yeah! Now to finish a few plumbing things and figure out what kind of fireplace to put down there-we are debating between pellet and gas (any suggestions welcome) and then we can hopefully start sheet-rocking the week in April when Russ is home thanks to the economic downfall and his company's mandatory week closure of the plant. I can't wait to have sheet-rock up!! Lena also helped me paint our master bathroom and it is a really nice brown color now. Excuse the wonky lighting, but see for yourself:




Friday night was Otterfest at Trent's school. Which is his big school carnival. Tim & Lena came with us and it was a good thing they did. A mistake with our volunteer hours, but it worked for both of us to run a game together (speed pitch) because the grandparents were there to take control of Trent & Addy! Trent won the 2nd grade boy poster contest! He was pretty proud and happy. They both got to play a variety of games, win some prizes, and get cotton candy. Doesn't get much better than that for a school carnival! Here is Trent's winning poster:




The kids had a blast showing G&G Soukup how to Wii bowl. We had several tournaments over the weekend. Addy is getting really good. Her record bowled is a 217 and Trent's is a 197. Quite impressive! So we now have G&G Soukup Mii people milling about the plaza as well. And when my mom came to visit with the kids on Sunday, Trent and Addy were thrilled to introduce yet another player to the Wii! And now Baba is a Mii person too. My mom was a big time bowler back when I was little, and after a rough start of playing the Wii, she really got into the bowling. She even wanted to play a game by herself when the kids were done bowling! I can agree with the advertisement that stated the Wii brings generations together for fun!


Saturday we had a chance to get the kids scooters put together and get out and take a few walks. It was a beautiful day and the kids enjoyed all afternoon outside playing with their friends from the neighborhood. Our yard continues to be wet and mushy, but we were lucky and did not have voles wreck our lawn like several neighbors did. Since we did the landscaping so late in the season and Russ had just fertilized (apparently the little buggers don't like fertilizer, but do like long grass), the voles stayed away from us. Must remember this for next fall.


Sunday turned out to be a nice day too. More working in the basement for Russ, playing outside for the kids and what was I doing? Umm, not scrapbooking, but catching up on laundry! I usually do it on Thursdays, but didn't want to have the mess going with Tim & Lena visiting. So by Sunday, it really needed to be done! After a dinner of grilled chicken and some lego playing, it was off to bed early for the kids. And almost for mom and dad, but Addy woke up at about 10:15pm with nightmares from watching Harry Potter with my mom (I told you that was going to happen Mom! And so against my better judgement. Oh well) I ended up sleeping with her in the guest room. I really hope all goes well for sleeping tonight though!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Sara - hello from across the river!! Your Saturday sounded like ours, lots of time outside. I was loving the weather. We have the same problem with the voles too. But not this year either. We finally convinced our neighbors around us to cut their back culvert short - it makes a difference! We painted our 1/2 bath this weekend. Today, it's cruddy here, too. Lots of wind and rain. Being our development used to be a corn field, there isn't much protection from the wind! Cleaning and laundry and maybe alittle scrapping for me today.

Rindie said...

I like the paint! Really nice. :) We have been in our house over 3 years now and still have several rooms unpainted. I can't believe it.

Sara said...

I orginally painted our bathroom "springtime green" but after 3 years, I needed a change!